Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Completing the Fender Painting

OK now that I am underway with the repainting of the TINS and the rear fender I have run into another problem. FLORIDA HUMIDITY. This hasn't been such a plague but it recently has been causing my Black Paint to Dry Foggy and Gray. It is not affecting the finish as it is coming out smooth as silk BUT the drying time between coats and the shine is a strange gray color. Hoepfully in the next day or two it will be less humid and I can get the final Base Black down so I can let it set for a day or so them get my Clears on. While I am waiting I went to the Florida Bike Builder Expo and foudn some inspiration in some of the ride in Bobbers that were there. Also searching the internet for Brake lines to replace the Front lines and allow me to work the handle bars. I think turning them upside down is going to be the way to go for the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment