Thursday, December 24, 2009

Step 2 - See What I have


This is where I just got the bike and finally take some simple green and rags and clean off the years of road grime. I found that for the most part I can get a lot of the surface stuff off but a lot may need some power tools and some special cleaning items like long cleaning q-tips or even a dremel polisher to get into some of the cracks. The rims (which I thought were stock aluminum) where Chrome once I got the first layer of grime off them This was kinda a surprise and a let down. A surprise because it is now chrome and do I want to paint over the chrome with either red? or Black? not sure yet but thinking about the color scheme I think Black is the way to go but need to really polish the chrome to see exactly how bad it is. First look is the Front rim is about 90% good looking chrome but has the aging blemishes that just won't polish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment